Koffel Associates is a fire protection engineering and life safety design and consulting firm, recognized as the expert in fire protection codes and standards. With us, you'll receive the superior fire protection engineering and life safety design and consulting services you would expect from the industry's renowned authority on codes and standards. Yet, we deliver our consulting; design & construction administration; codes & standards development; seminar development & training; product testing & evaluation/representation; and litigation support services in a uniquely responsive and personal package.
While meeting your needs with focus and innovation, we also meet the challenge of advancing the fire protection industry through our extensive, hands-on involvement in codes and standards development and training. We employ and are led by some of the industry's best, including registered engineers, authorized trainers for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and International Code Council (ICC), and two worldwide instructors in Life Safety Code
® for the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). We correspond most efficiently with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) as some of our engineers previously served as AHJs.
While the Koffel team has a vast array of fire protection engineering design and code consulting experiences, we are also recognized for our comprehensive Life Safety Code® consulting, surveying, analysis and design for health care facilities.
We regularly perform The Joint Commission (TJC) Statement of Conditions (SOC) and develop equivalencies for deficiencies, as well as provide a full range of services to medical facilities to ensure they fulfill their requirements for providing safe environments.
Our health care facilities services include:
• Building and life safety assessments
• Equivalencies development for non-compliant existing conditions
• Statement of Conditions (SOC) preparation for TJC
• TJC Environment of Care (EOC) consultation
• DNV accreditation consulting
• General accreditation consulting
• Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) compliance issues consulting
• General fire protection and life safety consulting for new and existing structures
• Design of fire protection systems
• Construction administration services
TJC requires that Life Safety Drawings contain the following information to be compliant:
• A legend clearly identifying fire safety features
• Hazardous area locations
• Fire-rated barrier locations
• Smoke barrier/smoke compartment locations
• Sleeping and non-sleeping suite boundaries and sizes
• Linen and Waste Chute locations
• Shaft locations
• Approved equivalencies
• If the building is partially sprinkler protected, a means of identifying which portions of the facility are fully sprinkler protected
Koffel Associates provides compliant drawings for our clients.
Did you know we do free live webinars? If you miss a webinar you can view recordings on our website. Click here to view our webinars!
You can also join our LinkedIn Discussion Groups:
Smoke Control Discussion Group
NFPA 101 - The Life Safety Code Discussion Group
Proposed Changes to the IBC Discussion Group
Find out where we are or will be so you can join us! Click here to Find Us!